If you haven’t worn dentures in a while, then you don’t know what you’re missing out on! Today’s dentures are better than ever before. They fit better, feel more comfortable, and last longer than the “false teeth” you might remember from your childhood.
Dr. Robert Karr of Alliance Dental Care can fit you with custom dentures that will give you good reason to smile. New dentures in our Ft. Worth dentist office will:
- Make biting and chewing easier so you can enjoy a wider variety of foods.
- Help you speak more clearly so you can be understood.
- Improve your self-confidence and help you smile more boldly.
If you have missing teeth, call our friendly office today for an appointment: 817-985-3077. You can get a brand new smile soon!
Choose From Several Dentures Options
Modern dentures are so much different and better than dentures from just a few years ago. They are much sturdier and with proper care should last for several years.
To make sure our patients get back the full beauty and function of their mouths, we offer several different types of dentures, including:
- Conventional full dentures – This is the style of dentures most people picture when they think about dentures. The base is made from gum-colored acrylic and rests on your gums. A full arch of beautiful replacement teeth is secured to the base and provide your biting and chewing power, as well as an aesthetically pleasing smile. They are designed to be removed easily for daily cleaning.
- Conventional partial dentures – These dentures are similar to full dentures but are designed to be used when a patient still has some healthy teeth remaining. They will fill in the gaps in your bite by clasping to your remaining teeth. Like full dentures, they can be removed daily for cleaning. They are a good alternative to a fixed bridge.
- Implant-supported dentures – The key difference with these dentures is that they are anchored to a bar that runs along dental implants that have been placed in your jaw. Consequently, they are not designed to be removed by the wearer. They fit better and are more stable and comfortable than conventional dentures. Plus, the dental implants will help prevent jawbone loss that is so common when you have missing teeth.
- Implant-retained dentures – These dentures are similar to implant-supported dentures, but they attach to your implants using a ball-and-snap system. They are more comfortable and stable than conventional dentures, but slightly less so than implant-supported ones. They can be removed quickly for daily care.
Relax in Our Friendly Dentist Office
During your initial consultation, Dr. Karr will detail all the dentures options to you so that you can make the best decision for your circumstances. He has helped many Ft. Worth area residents eat more comfortably and smile with more confidence – he can do the same for you!
If you’re nervous about going the dentist, we understand! We make dentistry comfortable and enjoyable for all our patients. Our office is warm and inviting, with cozy couches and soothing music in our waiting room. Plus, you can always ask for calming sedation if you’re especially anxious about your dental work.